Saturday, May 19, 2007

Humanoid Robots

To relax I like to read tech news or trash about the celebrities. I know sounds pretty bad huh? Well, while reading Engadget I stumbled across this....






At the University of Tokyo they have created a humanoid robot to assist with the elderly.

"Researchers at the University of Tokyo are crafting more lifelike and more agile servant bots nevertheless. In an effort to create a tactical team of droids ready and willing to serve the aging population of Japan." (http://www.engadget.com/)

These droids will do simple tasks such as cleaning, doing the dishes and pouring tea.

I dont know but does this sound like the movie iRobot to anyone? I am afraid that one of these days, this simple invention is going to turn against us. Maybe it is just paranoia.

No comments: